EYC Membership Service for Information and Advice
On 7th June 2023, EYC launched our brand new EYC Membership Service!
This is a service offering information, advice, support and signposting to those young people aged 12+ in the North East and South East of Edinburgh who either no longer have a caring role but still need a bit of support, or who do have a caring role, but don’t need intensive support and just want to check in now and again for ad-hoc support. It is also open to parents and guardians of young carers under 12, and siblings of other young carers.
The EYC Membership service has a core focus on Carers’ Rights, and offers the following support:
- Phone and text information and advice line
- Live social media chats with a Worker
- Referrals to other local support services
- Access to grants and financial support
- Help with housing
- Health and wellbeing support
- EYC Membership card and Young Scot cards (lots of discounts!)
- Invitations to EYC events, twice per year
- Young Carer Statements & Adult Carer Support Plans
See our Contact page for contact details and opening hours for this service.