As we are a voluntary organisation, the work of Edinburgh Young Carers could not take place without the continued support of our funders. Our thanks go to:
- The City of Edinburgh Council
- NHS Lothian
- BBC Children in Need
- Cairn Energy
- CORRA Foundation
- Children’s Aid
- Shared Care Scotland
- Big Lottery
- Anderson Anderson & Brown Charitable Initiative
- Volant Trust
- Castansa Trust
- Cruach Trust
- Walter Scott
- Christina Mary Hendrie Trust
We would also like to thank the wide range of trusts, organisations and individuals who support us and enable us to deliver the service.
Special thanks goes to the Carers Act Transformation Support (CATS) Fund via SCVO, whose support made this website possible!
Every year Edinburgh Young Carers needs to raise over £500,000 to support its work with young carers. We rely on grants, donations and public support to fund our services and new developments.
- £20 will pay for a young carer to get an evening’s break in an activity group with other young carers
- £30 will pay for a young carer to receive a one hour individual support session
- £50 will pay for a young carer to get a residential break for one night
- £200 will pay for transport for an isolated young carer to attend a support group
- £500 will pay for a day trip for 15 young carers
- £1,000 will provide a young carer with a support group for a year
- £6,000 will pay for a week long residential break in the Scottish Highlands for 12 young carers
- £10,000 will pay for a one year arts project for 10 young carers
- £20,000 will pay for the development for one year of a young carers’ forum to promote young carers’ rights, enable young carers to speak out and raise awareness of their needs
- £30,000 will pay for a one year project to support 25 young carers affected by drug and alcohol misuse at home
If you would like to support our work there are a number of ways you can do this – organising fundraising events, saving loose change in a money box, making a regular donation by standing order or payroll giving or a one-off donation or bequest.
If you would like to make a donation, or find out more, please contact us by telephoning 0131 475 2322 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you prefer, click on the Make a donation button and donate online using your credit/debit card. Gift Aid can be automatically added to your online donation if you wish. Any donation, large or small will help.