Every year, Edinburgh Young Carers needs to raise over £500,000 to support its work with young carers. We rely on grants, donations and public support to fund our services and new developments.
If you would like to support our work there are a number of ways you can do this – organising fundraising events, saving loose change in a money box, making a regular donation by standing order or through Payroll Giving, or a one-off donation or bequest. If you would like to make a donation, or find out more, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning us on 0131 475 2322.
Any donation, large or small, will help.
- £20 could pay for a 1-1 respite activity for a young carer
- £30 could pay for a young carer to attend an evening activity group
- £50 could pay for a one-night respite break for a young carer
- £100 could provide art and craft materials for a young carer respite group
- £200 could pay for a six-week block of 1-1 support sessions for a young carer at risk of poor mental health
- £300 could pay for a Christmas Family Event for young carers and their families to enjoy
- £500 could give 15 young carers a great day out to Edinburgh Zoo, Dynamic Earth, Jupiter Artland or a Rock Climbing centre
- £1,000 could enable a young carer to attend a support group for a year
- £5,000 could give 10 young carers an outdoor adventure residential break in Skye or Glencoe or a holiday programme with The Green Team to support young carers spending time outdoors in nature
- £10,000 could pay for a one-year health and wellbeing project for 10 young carers, such as ‘Happy Heids’ or ‘It’s Ok Not To Be Okay’
- £20,000 could pay for a Siblings project to raise awareness and support young carers affected by caring for a sibling
- £30,000 could pay for a one-year project to support 25 young carers with learning Core Skills such as reading, cycling, swimming or problem solving