Board of Directors vacancy
Job Title: Sessional Worker
Job Description: Sessional Youth Worker
Employer: Edinburgh Young Carers
Accountable to: Chief Executive (through Development Workers)
About Edinburgh Young Carers
Edinburgh Young Carers works with young people within the Edinburgh area aged 5 to 20 years old who care for or are impacted by somebody at home who is affected by mental, physical or sensory health challenges, or drug and alcohol misuse issues.
1. Job Purpose
To work with young people who have a significant caring role to ensure that they are provided with the support and services that they require.
Specifically, work with young carers to provide respite from their caring situation using a person centred approach.
- Assist in the planning, preparation and running of a range of group work activities (such as trips, outings and general group activities).
- Build positive relationships with the young carers using effective communication and listening skills and pass on any relevant concerns to the Development Worker or Chief Executive.
- Engage with young carers to shape and develop the service and its activities and regularly evaluate the service we provide to ensure it meets to needs of the young people.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the young person’s personal and sensitive information.
- Attend and contribute to regular supervision sessions, team and planning meetings.
- Undertake administrative tasks including reports and records of work undertaken.
- Participate in regular monitoring and evaluation of group work.
- Carry out the duties of the post in adherence to the Equality Act 2010 which prohibits discrimination of any kind.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the needs of the young people are being met.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the Development Workers or Chief Executive.
Contact us for more information.